Sunday, August 27, 2006

Visiting Brother

The Assistant Village Idiot's brother came up yesterday. The lad's a bit discouraged. His year-long appointment as a lecturer at Smith College is over, and the job teaching at Tufts - which he thought was a lock - didn't come through.

We broke bread together and did those things that kinfolk do when meeting: criticised the relatives who weren't present and speculated uselessly for the umpteenth time what unknown scandal underlay family mysteries. Two of my sons came an talked theater and film with him, which is great, because I know next to nothing about movies now.

Anyway, if you know of an academic position in technical theater - or at this point, even a semi-academic position, I imagine - let me know and I'll pass it on to a genius lighting designer.

No comments: