Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New England Fan's Conflict

So now I have to root for Brett Favre for a week. The NYJets have to beat Miami for the Patriots to get to the playoffs (The other route involves Baltimore losing to Jacksonville, which is unlikely). But I hate Favre. I would love for Chad Pennington to show him up.

I haven’t always hated Favre, just sort of shrugged at him, but he has been a jerk this whole year. I suppose my best hope is for the Jets to win on kick returns, fumble recoveries, and bad calls, with Brett going 12-32 0 TD, 2 INT, while Pennington goes 25-32 with 4 TD, 0 INT. Final score 31-28 NY. That would feel okay.

And all of this is predicated on the Patriots actually beating Buffalo. The Pats have 2-3 bad losses this year, some close ones. 11-5 is not bad for a team that has an old defense and lost some of that to injury.

No comments: