Friday, January 16, 2009

Letters From Boot Camp

I don't think Chris has ever written a letter in his life, except thank-you notes he was forced to write when younger.

After the form letter from the Marines, he appends the following:

Hey guys! Everything is going pretty well. Finally getting used to military life. Mom keep praying always. These next 12 weeks are going to be rough but I'll get through it and I'll see you at the graduation. And please do send me those adresses I left on the bed. I'll keep you updated with how things are going here. Right now I just have a bad cold right now but it will go away soon hopefully. Other than that things are going well. Ill tell you guys storys about boot camp when I get home. Ohh and JA tell Ina, Cata, and Crina that everything is OK. Love ya all. Semper Fidelis

(2nd letter)
Hello! How are you guys doing? Hope all is well with everyone. Today was our 3rd day with the DI's. I am not doing bad at listening to them, but some of the recruits got chewed out by them really bad so far. Tomorrow is our first PT day. Right now I have a bad feeling about it. Both of my knees start hurting more and more when I run. Then if I just stand it doesn't hurt. Only when I bend them. So I am going to try and tough it up tomorrow but I might end up seeing a doctor soon. So pray for my knees if you will. Other than that all is good. I get free time every night for 1 hr. and 4 hrs on Sunday Morning for church and such. So Ill be able to write a lot. Alright hope to hear from you soon. Good Night hugs & kisses.

No comments: