Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Misty



If one goes over to youtube, one can find Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Julie London, or a dozen others singing this song. I hoped to like one of those better and post it, to show that I am one of the cognoscenti who knows more about music than the rest of you clowns. Nah. The others are great - Mathis is better.

This version was the one requested by the female stalker in the movie "Play Misty For Me." I got spooked after watching that film, thinking that a girl I was dating was potentially like that, and I'd better get out fast. Just my overdramatic victim imagination, though. She was pretty normal, I was far more screwed up than she was.

Hey, I'm sorry, okay? You think boring old AVI was never a self-absorbed twit? I was a musician, remember? Sophomore year of college wasn't my most stable.

No comments: