Sunday, June 06, 2010

No Comment Necessary

Byron York has a column in the Washington Examiner revisiting the campaign statement of Obama whether he had the executive experience to handle a crisis in the Gulf of Mexico.
OBAMA: Well, you know, my understanding is, is that Governor Palin’s town of Wasilla has, I think, 50 employees. We have got 2,500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million a year. You know, we have a budget of about three times that just for the month. So, I think that our ability to manage large systems and to execute, I think, has been made clear over the last couple of years. And, certainly, in terms of the legislation that I passed just dealing with this issue post-Katrina of how we handle emergency management, the fact that many of my recommendations were adopted and are being put in place as we speak, I think, indicates the degree to which we can provide the kinds of support and good service that the American people expect.
He passed legislation. Elsewhere in the comment, he discusses how small Sarah Palin's budget and staff were in Wasilla - conveniently not mentioning the budget and staff of the State of Alaska.

1 comment:

jaed said...

What that reminds me of is the fact that he insisted on pronouncing Wasilla as "Wasilly". Childish. An omen.

And no one called him on it, either. Also an omen.