Friday, February 25, 2011

Longitude

Son #3 is at 165 degrees west longitude, nearly on the Arctic Circle. Son #4 is at 18 degrees east longitude, nearly on the Arctic Circle. If you look at the habitable places up there, there aren't many. And two places directly across the North Pole from each other are fewer still.

This is the first time in the history of the world that Romanian brothers are on direct opposite sides of the Arctic Circle.* I feel pretty confident of that. Some Romanian newspaper or magazine would likely be interested in the story.

*If you want to count Catalin, who is their brother though not our son, I waive the point. Yes. True.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha I saw some pictures he posted on facebook... Even thou he is higher Nome has a TON more snow then he looks like he has. But Nevertheless I can't wait to chat with him in a week and see how he likes it. Because after I moved to Nome his First comment was "damn it's gotta suck up there gotta be cold all the time" now he is even higher then ME!! I find that amusing