Thursday, October 15, 2015

Team Colors

It was about 20 years ago that my brother was describing for me on the phone his occasional lighting gigs for the Anaheim Mighty Ducks and some of the players he encountered. They were surprised to run across a lighting guy in LA who actually knew something about hockey. Interesting, certainly, but I rather scoffed at the artificial, Disneyfication of the team. That they had chosen the then popular color combination of black/teal/maroon especially irked me.

"I mean, what are they going to do when those colors are no longer in fashion?" I snorted.

"They'll just change the team colors," my brother countered.

I was dumbfounded.  Flummoxed. I eventually managed to say "That would never occur to anyone in New England."

2 comments:

james said...

I gather the team doesn't rely on alumni contributions.

Sam L. said...

California is NOT about tradition. Tradition is what they do THIS year; next year is up for grabs.