Sunday, March 20, 2016

Brackets

I am highlighting Ben's bracket based on which team nickname would defeat the other.  I would mention that I laughed out loud, but i always laugh out loud, so that's not unusual. The ground is littered with  Bulldogs by the end.

My own bracket was taken from Georgia Tech's math department's yearly ranking based on Logistic Regression, both a Bayesian and a Classic version. It usually end up in the 75-80th percentile.  Most years I take a flyer on a couple of upsets that look possible, but they tend to even out.  This year I just swallowed it whole.

My wife tried to create a bracket that is as bad as possible, and is succeeding, being in the 0.1 percentile at the moment.

2 comments:

james said...

I went through and, every time the higher ranked team was more than about 5 points above the lower, gave it to the higher ranked team. For the rest I gave the lower ranked team the win about 2/3 of the time. So far Mark says I'm doing as well as SEED.

Sam L. said...

I'm zero for zero on interest in basketball and brackets.